Azure SQL DBA
Realtime Recruitment is working with a leading Financial Services company based in Dublin that is looking for an experienced SQL Server Database Administrator with MS Azure experience.
Please note that this is a fully remote role!
- Install and configure SQL Servers and manage database migrations to Azure SQL
- Ensure that new database code meets company standards & protocols
- Monitoring performance and provide fast responses to front-end users
- Running file system clean-up projects
- Design and implement security and access methods for production
- Writing documentation which includes data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data
- Implement reliable design patterns
- Develop & test back-up and disaster recovery plans.
- Aid the strategy and architectural choices around the database
- At least 5 years experience in a similar SQL DBA role
- Sound knowledge of the management of various data stores such as file systems and cloud storage
- Skilled in managing and monitoring performance and optimizing SQL queries
- Knowledge of the general principles around data classification and data retention
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal/ collaboration skills
- Ability to work in a busy and demanding environment, keeping to strict deadlines
- Strong documentation and record keeping abilities
- Experience with Azure, ETL solutions, SSIS is beneficial